Friday, January 22, 2016

Miss Missa on the road: Final Training Day

"Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."
~Lucius Annaeus Seneca, popularly quoted in Semisonic's Closing Time.
Today was an emotional day, filled with reflections and farewells. We did some amusing and instructive roleplaying this morning regarding interventions in conflicts between toddlers. We talked through some last questions and clarifications, and mulled over where to start and what to when we go back to our "real life" lives. We said our goodbyes (I tried not to cry my face completely off, and only partially succeeded -- I'm just like that), and went our separate ways. I am honoured and delighted to have shared so much profound and intimate learning with these fantastic ladies, and I hope we really do keep in contact with each other. I am looking forward to hearing about the adventures and endeavors of each of my classmates in the future; I am certain they all will do fantastic things. I have a feeling that exactly the right group of people came together at exactly the right time for this class, and we all had a lot to learn from each other!

It was bittersweet to walk up the hill one last time (even though I was wearing useless girl shoes and gave myself blisters on the balls of my feet -- stupid shoes that look nice but fail at protecting feet properly!). I've got my bags rearranged (hopefully with enough weight distributed into my carryon to not have a problem at the airport with my checked bag this time!), and will enjoy one last night at the hostel.

In the morning, I'll be off to LAX to catch my flight to Vancouver, and I look forward to reuniting with my family there; it's been too long since I saw them last.

"I can't remember all the times I tried to tell my myself
To hold on to these moments as they pass
And it's one more day up in the canyon
And it's one more night in Hollywood..."
~Counting Crows, A Long December

No comments:

Post a Comment